Subject: [Fwd: Re: X11 on 164LX problems]
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@verizon.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2006 10:22:43

--Boundary_(ID_e7zWu4hKfeNPVYmUkCNHOw)

--
words and music, words and music.

--Boundary_(ID_e7zWu4hKfeNPVYmUkCNHOw)

Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 09:26:53 -0400
From: bob smith <sfmc68@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: X11 on 164LX problems
To: Rafael Ruiz <gandano@gmail.com>

I suggest you look at caseydoodle.
if you do a quick search of the archives Mel had put together a great
set of source for the various versions of X under the versions of
NeetBSD. I was able to compile the full capability, found out my card
did not quite work, popped in a supported card, configured it, and bang,
works like a champ.

I have not taken the step of offering up the binary compiles, and I will
have to log on at the ex console to see what the card is - I usually use
that box as a server - but when I sit down at it, having X is pretty
handy.  Gives me a feeling of more control than WSCONS, cause I have
everything on the sdreen at once. I might be becomind an X addit. not sure.

In my opinion, the netbsd set does not quite support X the way I would
like t osee it - Alphacore linux does transparently it seems, but I am
just a died in the wool NetBSD guy.  Yeah, I like some of the things
included in the other OSs that support alpha, but I just keep going back
to NetBSD.  and the command line.  Even in X....
I hope this helps.
bob