Subject: Re: AS1200 isp or siop hang
To: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 05/10/2006 12:53:36
On Sun, 7 May 2006, Julian Coleman wrote:

> > That did the trick; the patch does also fix the problem on Alpha,
>
> Thanks for testing.  I've checked in the change (isp_netbsd.c r1.68).

  I'm not certain this change is correct.  The CVS log for the original
change seems to indicate it was to fix a problem with the watchdog timer
used in the isp driver.  I haven't had time to dig into that change
very much, so I'm not real clear what effect this fix would have.

  I think part of the problem was using the XS_STS_DONE for dealing
with the watchdog timer interaction.  The isp driver probably should
use a private, local method to resolve that problem, but I haven't
looked into it enough to be sure how to do it.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant