Subject: AlphaStation 255 restarts
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Jeff Tupholme <jeff-lists@makemyshow.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2006 23:45:31
Hi,

I have an AlphaStation 255 on which I'm running NetBSD 2.0.2 as a
headless server. It's a nice machine but periodically it either reboots
itself or drops into DDB. Nothing in /var/log/messages suggests a
problem, it just seems to happen spontaneously. I guess it's a kernel
panic but then savecore doesn't yield anything on reboot. The machine
does not run under a heavy load and is connected to a UPS.

I was wondering if this is a known problem at all or if it's something
specific to my machine. It occurred to me that it might be firmware
related for some reason. Any thoughts, please?

Thanks,

Jeff