Subject: Re: LInux emulation question
To: None <sfmc68@verizon.net>
From: Emmanuel Kasper <kdev@no-log.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/10/2006 01:14:42
bob a écrit :

> I know that the same video cards that are supported under Alpha Core
> 1, XFree86, are NOT supported under NetBSD.  I have installed AC1 on
> both 164LX and DS10 boses, with ATI 7500 cards, and X works just fine.
>
> I know now that the 7500 card (as well as others) is not supported on
> DS10 or 164LX under netbsd, I know this first hand now.
>
> SO, with the linux emulation enabled inthe kernel, can I run -
> probably install from srpm- AC1 Xfree86 on those boxes under NetBSD?
>
> Yes, I can run AC1, Yes, all kinds of tools are there, but I am still
> basically a BSD guy.  Some how my natrual affinity is BSD and I like
> the braggin rights of having Netbsd on alpha.
> thanks
> bob

This may interest you

On Thursday 22 December 2005 00:11, Emmanuel Kasper wrote:

>> Hello
>> I have a DS10 on which I am planning to replace the graphic adsaper
>> because it looks damaged ( "snow " on both netbsd and Linux ) Can anyone
>> here can suggest me a model that is know to work on this machine ? From
>> DX/VX, ati radeon 7000 or 7500.
>> Manu

I've tried Matrox Millennium and G450PCI on my DS10, both worked fine.

-- Mark Ter Morshuizen mark@itbox.co.za

Right now I am trying to build a Xserver for a S3 Virge that I have on
this box. I am quite in the same situation as you :) as this card work
with the X server from Debian GNU/Linux and I'd like to make it work on
NetBSD. I m tryig floolowing this :
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2006/01/29/0010.html
For the Linux emulation, I don't think it will work, I guess it is too
low level which  stuff like probing the PCI bus when X starts.

If you can get anything working, report it !
Manu