Subject: Re: xf86config, xf86cfg on alpha (and probably others)?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/29/2006 18:16:39
On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 03:50:24PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >I have both xf86config and xf86cfg on sparc64 but these may be leftovers
> >from native X builds. Never used them though.

They are installed from src/x11 sets too.

> Someone else wondered that they don't work for him.

They kinda work for me (on sparc64). They are, however, not usefull, as
you realy need to know the proper answers.
X -configure is far easier and usually creates a working config
on first try.

This is not machine dependend, and I don't think we should divert from
official XFree86 installations in this regard (e.g. by making xf86config
a wrapper for X -configure).

Martin