Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on DEC 3000 M600S
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Ter Morshuizen <mark@itbox.co.za>
List: port-alpha
Date: 01/10/2006 20:29:02
Apologies for breaking the thread. The original mail mysteriously vanished.

Miles Nordin wrote:

> MMJ _plug_ (this is male,              PeeCee plug (DB9 female)
> the thing that goes into
> the DEC 3000.  If you wire
> to an RJ12 jack and use an
> MMJ jumper, it's backwards.)
>
>          1  -------------->>>>>>>-----------  8
>          2  -------------->>>>>>>-----------  2
>
>          3,4-------------ground---------------5
>
>          5  --------------<<<<<<<-----------  3
>   [Key]  6  --------------<<<<<<<-----------  7
>
>                            short together 1,4,6
>                            these 3 inside
>                            DB9 housing

Thanks Miles. I tried this cable setup, as well as several others I found on
the 'net. Hardware flow control seems to elude me regardless. I have found
that with some of the cables software flow control does work.

I reckon there's a bug, either in minicom or in whatever piece of code talks
to the serial console on my 3000. I'll start trying to diagnose the problem
once I have a workable system.

Cheers,
--
Mark Ter Morshuizen