Subject: How to install NetBSD on XP1000?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Aleksandar Janicijevic <ajanicij@yahoo.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/29/2005 17:27:34
Hello,

I recently got a Compaq XP1000 machine quite
unexpectedly. I have experience with Linux, but none
with NetBSD, and I would like to install it (NetBSD)
on my Alpha, but don't know how. I downloaded ISO
image of the OS and images of three boot floppies, but
have no idea what to do next. When I enter BIOS setup
and try to set it so it boots from floppy, it requires
from me the following:

Boot File:
OS Path:
OS Options:

By the way, the machine currently boots NT 4.0 (for
which I don't have the admin password), but it will go
as soon as I learn how. Any help or hint would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Aleksandar Janicijevic
Toronto, Canada