Subject: Re: Anybody running arla?
To: Torsten Harenberg <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de>
From: Love <lha@kth.se>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/08/2005 17:45:27
--=-=-=

Torsten Harenberg <harenberg@physik.uni-wuppertal.de> writes:

> So maybe it would be a good idea to include patches for general use now?

Yes, I just need to figure out what value to use for the #if __NetBSD_Version_.

> And some remarks from a "dummy user":
>
> - /dev/nnpfs0 is neither created, nor known to MAKEDEV, nor any hint
>   is given about the major/minor number.

The startscript that comes with arla (startarla) does create the, if the is
a another startscript that comes with NetBSD it should create the chardev
when it loads the kernel module.

> - GENERIC has "option DIAGNOSTIC" set by default, but the created
>   kernel module has not, resulting in a panic. Is there any way to fix
>   that properly?

This should be fixed in 0.39 and later.

Love

--=-=-=