Subject: Re: Mylex DAC960PL on AS1200
To: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
From: Anders Hogrelius <ahs@hogrelius.nu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/04/2005 20:41:49
I have no idea if that specific controller works or not but the SRM is
VERY picky about bootable controllers. The only controllers that work,
most of them anyway, are those that were sold by Digital. Some of them
were OEM controllers made by other manufacturers and rebranded by Digital,
and in that case you can get away with installing the same controller but
sold under a different name.

Sometimes it wont even help installing a Digital branded controller since
there are different versions of the SRM supporting different hardware.

You might have to install a controller that's known to work and connect
the boot disk to it. You only need to install the kernel on the bootdisk,
the filesystems can be located on disks hooked up to the RAID controller.

Cheers,
Anders

--
This mail was sent on Sun 09/04/05 at 11:32AM PDT

Emotions are alien to me.  I'm a scientist.
		-- Spock, "This Side of Paradise", stardate 3417.3

* Anders Hogrelius       Cell :  +46(0)70 677-0210, +46(0)70 884-2775
* Tessingatan 12         Phone:  +46(0)8 501-64524, +1(714)408-7868
* SE-72216 Vasteras      E-mail: anders@hogrelius.nu
* SWEDEN		 Web:    http://www.hogrelius.nu/~ahs/