Subject: Re: Mylex DAC960PL on AS1200
To: sp4rc <sammyshome@gmx.net>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/02/2005 11:02:31
On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, sp4rc wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> after kernelized Raid didn't fit my needs because of performance lag, i
> have bought a Mylex Dac960PL Raid Controller with 4MB :) aaaawesome
>
> The offical website has a lot of tools, but no documentation for this
> old controller :( i bought this controller because its fully supported
> by *BSD/Linux/Windows
>
> http://www.lsilogic.com/downloads/selectDownload.do
>
> All the tools provided by LSI Logic are written for DOS. Is there a way
> (there must be a way) to configure bootable raid arrays on alpha? So far
> I have a working system and my idea was to create a raidset, copy it to
> the firmware and install netbsd on the ld* device(s). I had a look into
> man mlxctl, but in reference to the problem its useless. Are there any
> other tools out there? Please don't tell me that I have to install the
> arrays using windows and a pc *shiver*

  There's a standalone Raid Configuration Utility (RA200RCU.EXE) on a DOS
disk (or could be on a CDROM) that you run from the ARC menu.  I don't
know if it supports the Dac960PL (I've used it on a Dac960P/PD).  I also
don't know if RA2000RCU.EXE is an alpha-specific program or not - if so,
you would need to try to get that from HP.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant