Subject: Re: Announce: DEC AlphaServer 8400 is coming
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@shagadelic.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/22/2005 11:17:16
On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Jul 20, 2005, at 7:32 PM, Jason Thorpe wrote:
>
> > So, that would neatly avoid the entire situation.  If I cook up a
> > patch, would someone be willing to test it?  (I don't have an MP
> > Alpha system that is in a runnable state, at the moment.)
>
> Attached is a patch against the pmap in -current.  Can someone try it
> out?

I've applied this patch to one of my CS20 systems, and it survived a
build.sh -j4 release build.  I can't remember for sure just what I had
been doing to trigger the hangs before, but I think running release
builds would generally hang a dual AS4000 system I was using.  I'll run
some more builds and see how it holds up.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant