Subject: Re: 164lx and up1100 - possibly dead board?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/04/2005 10:27:22
>> How long did you wait?  [...]
> About 5 min?

I think that should be long enough.

> There is -11.57 to -12V signal on pin 2(it keeps changing).  But my
> windows hyperterminal didn't get anything meaningful.  Maybe
> hyperterminal configuration is wrong?

That would be my own guess.  That signal on pin 2 sounds to me like a
transmit line sending data at a rate that's too fast for your measuring
device to track accurately.

Try unplugging your cable from the alpha and short the cable transmit
and receive pins together.  If you don't get echo when you type into
the window under those circumstances, something is wrong with your
cable, your configuration, _something_ - I wouldn't bother doing
anything with the alpha until you have that much of your serial-console
setup working.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign