Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6.2 or 2.0.2 on an AS4100
To: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
From: David Hopper <dhop@nwlink.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/06/2005 12:14:41
I'm on a 1200 (tincup), which is a rebranded 4100 (with very minor
variations, I believe).  It has been my workhorse NetBSD box at our
business, serving sendmail, IMAP, webmail, intranet H-R resources,
and secure tunneling proxy services since December 1999, when the
1200 platform got going:

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/1999/12/09/0014.html

As a platform it's extraordinarily solid on a single CPU, with
uptimes measured entirely between upgrades.  In enabling SMP,
however, I have yet to run without a complete lockup within 15 to 30
minutes of casual use-- my most recent attempt with -current was the
first week of May, and I retry the SMP status every three months or so.

I have had variations of both 1.6.2 and 2.0.2 on this box, by
tracking -current every few months.

Hope that helps,
--Dave