Subject: verified exec fix
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Eike Dehling <e.e.dehling@student.utwente.nl>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/03/2005 16:09:52
Hi,

while playing with verified exec, i found it wouldn't work on 2.0/alpha.
Two simple fixes made it work:

sys/dev/verified_exec.c ; in verifiedexecioctl() ; line 215
UIO_USERSPACE should be UIO_SYSSPACE

on copyinstr). printf()ing the address in verifiedexecioctl() showed it
looked like a kernel address. This change fixes loading the signatures.
I wonder wether no-one uses verified exec, or if it (magically) works on
other architectures.

sys/arch/alpha/conf/majors.alpha
add "device-major verifiedexec char 94 verifiedexec".

In majors.i386 it is already present, not for alpha though. I was
wondering wether it should be in sys/conf/majors, it isn't architecture
dependant afterall ?

Eike Dehling.