Subject: two 164LX questions (HW and SRM maybe)
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: bob smith <sfmc68@verizon.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/24/2005 11:29:56
1. I am getting some errors that seem to be cache related - machine
checks, 630, allways seem to be the same rest of the bits.... ECC
recoverable.
but ... is this just a hint of what is coming when the ECC dies? I had
another
box doing this same kind of thing on FreeBSD, but when I loaded 1.6.2, the
problem stopped, so I am hopeing it is just the OS diffs.

2. Been a good while since I did anying to change my working 1.6.2
environment..
Upgrading to 2.0, including moving 2.0 on my one lone RH 6.2 system. I seem
to recall it would not boot 1.5 from CD.  I stuck RH6.2 on it.    I am
getting a boot
failure.  seems to fail on secondary boot, can't find the file. I am
running SRM 5.6 from
99 on this box, but hav this nagging feeling that it might have the
wrong firmware or
something. I get the SRM prompt, al lthe SRM commands work, but ..
and of course, I have used 3 different CD Drives, all known good, and
cleaned the
lenses on them, and used the same cd media to install 2.0 on other boxes.

any hints or thoughts appreciated greatly
thanks
bob

--
Dance like no one is watching, sing like no one is listening, live like it is your last day.