Subject: Booting from floppy
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: None <blstuart@bellsouth.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/30/2004 13:30:30
I seem to have successfully installed NetBSD 2.0 on my "new"
Digital Server 5300.  However, this is one of those where the
PCI SCSI card is not recognized by SRM.  The installation page
says that in such cases one should either netboot or always
boot from floppy.  I'm having trouble figuring out how to do
that latter.  The 3 installation floppies always come up with
the small root image that is used for installation and the
image in instimage is too big to fit on a floppy.  I've tried
splitting it onto two floppies, but the first block isn't a
valid boot block.  So what's the secret here?

TIA,
Brian L. Stuart