Subject: Re: Upgrade snag with tlp0 in Alpha PWS 433
To: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
From: Rhialto <rhialto@azenomei.knuffel.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/30/2004 03:01:34
On Wed 29 Dec 2004 at 13:45:14 -0500, Miles Nordin wrote:
> I think there are multiple revisions of Miata some with BNC, some with
> some without 100mbit/s.  These are weird interfaces PHY-wise, and it
> sounds like there was some regression, maybe just that media ``mask''.

I think the mask was always there, but the order of the media changed.
In the past the correct one was found first and it worked, now it's not
first anymore and it only works if it can be selected. At least that is
my working theory for now.

So it should be determined where that mask is coming from, and fixed.

Maybe also the order should be restored to what it was. That would help
people who previously specified an instance number: they can keep using
it. But if that's not easy to do or there is some good reason for the
different order, then let's keep it. It seems that so far I'm the first
to notice this.

-Olaf.
--
                           -- Ceterum censeo "authored[1]" delendum esse.
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert -- [1] Ugly English neologism[2].