Subject: Re: bootxx_ffs maximum load size exceeded
To: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/27/2004 17:08:32
On Sat, 2004-12-25 at 11:17 +1100, Simon Burge wrote:

> I really would try James' patch.  It's a lot cleaner than my first
> patch.  If you used "build.sh -u" to do an update build, you could back
> out my patch, apply James', do a "<tooldir>/bin/nbmake-alpha cleandir"
> in the src/sys/arch/alpha/stand directory and redo the build.sh.

I tried James' patch and the build completed successfully.  I didn't do
an install, though, as I'd already done one after I'd applied your patch
(and a hack so checkflist wouldn't complain), complete with etcupdate et
al.  So, I'd say both work, but James' does let you still have a
bootxx_lfs, too.

Cheers,

Paul.
--