Subject: Re: bootxx_ffs maximum load size exceeded
To: Paul Mather <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/24/2004 11:53:06
Paul Mather wrote:

> I run NetBSD/alpha 2.0E-CURRENT, last completely rebuilt back in May.  I
> thought I'd do another complete rebuild after cvs
> updating /usr/src a day or so ago.  Unfortunately, the build stops,
> complaining "checking sizes for bootxx_ffs/bootxx_ffs.sym... MAXIMUM
> LOAD SIZE EXCEEDED (7832 > 7680)".
> Is anyone else seeing this?  Is there anything I can do to eliminate
> this error?
> I've included at the end the latter part of the log.

This is a known problem - a quick look at the PR database didn't show
anything up though.  There's an extra section (a debug section? - I
can't recall) that newer binutils adds, and we need to work out how to
remove it.

Could you please file a PR on this?

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Support and Service: