Subject: Re: HSZ50?
To: Jochen Kunz <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/05/2004 13:28:41
[ On Sunday, December 5, 2004 at 18:04:05 (+0100), Jochen Kunz wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: HSZ50?
> On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 12:50:06 -0500
> bob smith <> wrote:
> > IS anyone using an HSZ 50 with netbsd alpha?
> > I am combing thru the archives to see if it is being used, and if it
> > is supported...
> IIRC the HSZ50 is a SCSI to SCSI RAID controller. It presents itself to
> the host as a SCSI disk. Setup and administration is done via a serial
> console. So no special support is needed.

Indeed it is.

I happen to have an SWXRC-05 controller, aka the HSZ-50's little brother
the HSZ-40, in a SWXRA-YY pedestal (which is full of 4.3GB drives).
Mine has a fast/wide HVD differential SCSI port.  I hope to use it with
my AS4000 at some point (with an AHC-2944), though first I have to
figure out how to replace the cache RAM batteries without spending a
fortune on OEM parts.

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>