Subject: Re: bge(4) (DEGXA-TX) no-go on the AlphaServer ES40
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jason Thorpe <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/27/2004 23:18:27

On Nov 19, 2004, at 12:06 PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:

>>  The bge driver is probably
>> gobbling up all of the SGMAP resources...
> I suppose that's one good possibility.  The machine does seem to stay
> relatively stable even after the device is hung and so it's unlikely to
> be a more catastrophic bug such as a wild pointer scribbling all over.

Yah, here's another happy-fun problem... the bge driver is totally
broken -- it never unloads DMA maps used for Rx buffers... so on
platforms like alpha or sparc64 that use a DMA mapper, those resources
will eventually be leaked away totally.

I'm working on a fix.

         -- Jason R. Thorpe <>

content-transfer-encoding: 7bit