Subject: can NetBSD/alpha mount NetBSD/i386 filesystems?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/12/2004 20:56:02
Can anyone give me a quick (or not-so-quick) yes/no/maybe to the
question of whether or not NetBSD/alpha (1.6.x in particular) can mount
NetBSD/i386 filesystems?

I've got a "new"(-to-me) StorageWorks array that I want to move my /home
filesystem to.  Currently /home is on an i386 system, and coincidentally
the Adaptec 2944 I need to connect to the SW array is also on the same
i386 interfacing to the disks for the current /home.  I'd like to add
the array to the i386 bus, move the files over, then move the controller
over to the alpha.

Will it work?  I would think so, but I'd like confirmation....

Thanks!

--
						Greg A. Woods