Subject: Re: building release from 2.0RC_2 failed
To: None <>
From: Kurt Schreiner <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/02/2004 23:21:32
Sorry, but have to follow-up on my previous message as my "blind guessing"
was REALLY blind! Should have read the error message with brain turned on! Duh!

On Sat, Oct 02, 2004 at 11:02:45PM +0200, I wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to cross-build a release of 2.0 cvs update-ed yesterday
> on i386 for alpha and got the following:
> [....]
> SMALLPROG=1 MAKE=/u/NetBSD/release/2.x/arch/alpha/TOOLS/bin/nbmake /u/NetBSD/release/2.x/arch/alpha/
> TOOLS/bin/nbcrunchgen -f -D /u/NetBSD/release/2.x/src  -L /u/NetBSD/release/2.x/arch/alpha/dest/usr/
> lib -q  ramdiskbin.conf
> ramdiskbin.conf: chown: error: no objpaths specified or calculated.
> ramdiskbin.conf: chown: ignoring program because of errors.
> Run "make -f objs exe" to build crunched binary.
> [....]
After looking a little closer at what's going on, I replaced
so that the correct environment is set... and the problem is gone.

Maybe thats not the right thing to do, but might point in the right direction?

Foot still in mouth,