Subject: Re: status of AS2100[a]
To: Brian Hechinger <wonko@4amlunch.net>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/29/2004 14:54:06
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> what is the status of NetBSD on the AS2100 and AS2100A machines?  it's been a
> while since i've looked, but last time i checked, there were issues.
>
> i've got one of each and would like to run NetBSD on at least one of them.
> i'd prefer SMP, but would be happy enough with UP at the moment.

I have one working, but yeah, I have some issues.
The clock interrupt is 512/s, but NetBSD wants to set HZ to 1024, so I
patched the code locally to get it right. hwrpb appearantly is the source
for this, and it lies, or something. Since I don't have any documentation
around, I can't tell any more than that.

Unfortunately I don't have two identical, functional CPUs, and so my
attempts at SMP have failed. It does boot SMP with VMS however, with two
CPUs at different clock speeds.

 	Johnny