Subject: Re: de-500-ba "failed to idle" problems with tlp(4) (was: ES40, ES45, etc. support?)
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <>
From: Greg A. Woods <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/19/2004 19:13:55
[ On Sunday, September 19, 2004 at 18:06:04 (+0000), Charles M. Hannum wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: ES40, ES45, etc. support?
> At least the boot device detection is correct now.  :-)

> I do not think your problem with tlp is the interrupt vector.  The error
> you're seeing ("failed to idle") does not actually rely on any interrupts to
> complete.

Hmmm....  I had been lead to believe it did, but if it's not an
interrupt routing problem then I wonder why the aceride0 at irq 14 would
report two stray interrupts during boot (though I guess they showed up a
bit too early to account for tlp0 activity).

FYI these are both "real" DE-500-BA cards at tlp0 and tlp1.

I guess I should force the de driver to match instead?  Perhaps it
should do so by default?

Could this be related to the problem reported in this thread?

						Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <>
Planix, Inc. <>          Secrets of the Weird <>