Subject: Re: how to create bootable netbsd disk from Tru64 UNIX?
To: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/19/2004 13:18:44
[ On Saturday, September 18, 2004 at 12:35:54 (-0600), Michael L. Hitch wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: how to create bootable netbsd disk from Tru64 UNIX?
>
>   The 8GB ES40 I've been playing with has gotten a panic when trying to
> do very much disk I/O.  I haven't had time to look into it any further
> yet.  It looks like something is trying to free a partial region of an
> extent that had been allocated for DMA.

OK, well thanks for the warning.  Is that with -current, 2.0, or...?

I see that's with the mlx(4) driver -- do you think it's driver
specific?

(I've got the option of siop(4) or ahc(4) for the boot drives on this
system, though of course I'm stuck with isp(4) for the RAID)

>  I've never been able to get a
> dump out of it yet (since the panic occurs during disk I/O, the driver
> probably won't be able to do anything).

I'd like to get KGDB working for this system -- it would make my current
pmap_bootstrap() debugging a lot easier too!

>   There's also the problem that when the USB controller is configured, it
> can cause continuous interrupts.  [There's a PR or two currently open on
> this.]

yes I've seen that.  We don't need the USB controller on this one...

--
						Greg A. Woods