Subject: Re: DEC 3000/M400 cooling
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Dave McGuire <mcguire@neurotica.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/31/2004 01:59:07
On Jul 31, 2004, at 1:50 AM, der Mouse wrote:
>>> The power supply idea is a good point; I should find an accurate
>>> voltmeter and measure the supply rails.
>> the "accurate voltmeter" you are looking for is a scope!
>
> True.  But I don't have a really good 'scope.  The only 'scope I have,
> while mostly a good piece of work, has a severely washed-out final CRT
> face, to the point where it's unusable if the lights are on.  It's =
also
> got rotated some 5=B0-10=B0 somehow.
>
> I keep meaning to dig into it in enough detail to figure out if I can
> replace the CRT with another, different, one I have , or if I'd need =
an
> identical replacement.

   Tek 453s show up on eBay all the time in the $50 range.  They're old,=20=

but compact and built like tanks.  I wholeheartedly recommend them.

   Frankly, I can't think of many replacement scope CRTs that would be=20=

cheaper than that.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire             "...it's a matter of how tightly
Cape Coral, FL             you pull the zip-tie."       -Nadine Miller