Subject: Re: NFS writes NetBSD vs FreeBSD
To: Stephen M. Jones <smj@cirr.com>
From: Werner Backes <werner@bit-1.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/15/2004 17:26:17
Stephen M. Jones wrote:
> and as you'd expect the numbers for writing on each other's mounts were
> fairly even with numbers between ~2070000 and ~3011000 B/s  .. slow for
> 100mbit ethernet, but fair for NFS you might think.

I had a FreeBSD (3.4) server with a Sun Solaris Client some time ago and
got around 10MB/sec read/write via NFS over 100MBit Ethernet, so
everything less seems slow to me :). But I have to admit that this has
been measured by copying large files to and from the server, so maybe
this is not comparable to what nfsio shows.

Werner