Subject: cups?
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 07/05/2004 05:03:13
Compilation of cups on my alpha (1.6ZK) is failing in an odd (to me) way.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Compiling util.c...
*** Warning: inferring the mode of operation is deprecated.
*** Future versions of Libtool will require -mode=3DMODE be specified.
  gcc -Wall -fPIC -O2 -DOPENSSL_DISABLE_OLD_DES_SUPPORT
-I/usr/pkgsrc/print/cups/
work/.buildlink/include -O2 -mieee -I.. -c util.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/util=
=2Eo
  gcc -Wall -fPIC -O2 -DOPENSSL_DISABLE_OLD_DES_SUPPORT
-I/usr/pkgsrc/print/cups/
work/.buildlink/include -O2 -mieee -I.. -c util.c -o util.o >/dev/null 2>&1
Linking libcups.la...
basename: unknown option -- W
usage: basename string [suffix]
dirname: unknown option -- W
usage: dirname path

=2E
  ..@root=BF
          bin: not found
etc
    deboot'homeJS: not found
'homeJS: not found
JS: not found
JS: not found
htdocs=9D
        : not found

: not found

: not found
sys=87=D8emul: not found
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

It actually stays there, not wedging the machine, but not going
further until ctrl-c'ing out:
^Cgmake[1]: *** [libcups.la] Interrupt
gmake: *** [all] Interrupt

When on console, the last line of the hang was "sys/emul" so it would
seem that it thinks that it's supposed to be using a linux
compatibility mode? I installed
the 1.6.2 binary package after trying it a few times (make clean
between tries).

Any ideas?
Mike
--