Subject: Re: SATA question
To: Ray Phillips <>
From: Brian Hechinger <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/25/2004 07:23:28
On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 10:05:46AM +1000, Ray Phillips wrote:
> As yet I haven't bought one, but the 3ware SATA cards sound good.
> Here's the link announcing support for them:

nice.  a little expensive for my needs however.  maybe i'll just do a couple
SATAlink cards and some RAIDframe instead.  too bad though, that would have
been a slick option.

> I'm sure I've read a posting saying they work in Alphas, but the RAID
> configuration has to be done with the card and disks plugged into a
> PC before installing them in an Alpha.

"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the
sole occurance of that name is as a pen-name for someone who spends his
spare time writing X-rated PowerPuff Girls fan fiction is pretty-much a
buzzkill."				-- Jonathan Patschke --