Subject: SATA question
To: None <>
From: Brian Hechinger <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/24/2004 08:48:54
I want to use my AS2100A as a fileserver.  I would like to use SATA, as it is
cheap, easier to cable than IDE, and faster than IDE (from what i understand)

what is the recommended PCI SATA card that i could put in a 2100A?  are there
any supported SATA RAID cards? (or do they even exist?)

this will be my first step out of the SCSI/FC world, so it's a little scary. :)

"Performing a Google search on the fairly unique name you've chosen weeks
ago for a piece of software you're writing, only to discover that the
sole occurance of that name is as a pen-name for someone who spends his
spare time writing X-rated PowerPuff Girls fan fiction is pretty-much a
buzzkill."				-- Jonathan Patschke --