Subject: Re: AS1200 stray IRQ messages
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2004 16:00:29
On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Stephen M. Jones wrote:

> seen them usually for ethernet and SCSI controllers).  Its not really that
> much of a problem, except that there is a counter that can cause your system
> to lock up if a certain number of strays are generated in a particular amount
> of time .. I believe a work around was just to bump up the count to a
> much larger number ..

  I was just looking at the AS1200/AS4x00 handling of strays, and it will
reset the stray count when it gets a good interrupt.  My PC164 will
disable the interrupt after about 4 or 5 stray interrupts.  I haven't
looked at the other model's code, so I can't say how it's handled for
other alphas.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant