Subject: Re: AS1200 stray IRQ messages
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/17/2004 17:02:15
[ On Thursday, June 17, 2004 at 22:09:35 (+0200), Manuel Bouyer wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: AS1200 stray IRQ messages
>
> May be because the associated driver didn't claim the interrupt (e.g. the
> kernel gets an IRQ 7 and the lpt driver says "it's not for me, I'm not
> waiting for an interrupt)

Which seems to show that there's a design flaw or bug of some sort in
the lpt driver.

IIUC the lpt hardware can and will generate asynchronous interrupts and
the driver should be prepared to handle them.

There's a similar bug on the sparc -- I recently crashed my SS20 when
changing the state of a printer that was plugged into the system
parallel port.

--
						Greg A. Woods