Subject: ES40, ES45, etc. support?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 06/16/2004 15:26:46
What are the chances of getting support for current production HP
AlphaServers in NetBSD?  E.g. ES45, ES47, etc.?

Has anyone tried booting NetBSD on more modern and larger AlphaServers?

I note FreeBSD-5.2 claims support for the ES40 -- and as I recall
someone here successfully booted NetBSD on an ES40, but the MP kernel
wouldn't boot....  (probably wouldn't be hard to fix assuming FreeBSD
already does SMP on the ES40)

The NetBSD web pages claim support for older 8200 and 8400 systems, and
presumably this could extend to some of the "upgraded" GS1xx systems
they morphed into yet various people have reported troubles booting
NetBSD on such machines.

--
						Greg A. Woods