Subject: Re: Symbios Dual SCSI + Ethernet card status
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: None <othyro@freeshell.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 04/05/2004 16:23:52
On Thu, 1 Apr 2004 mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu wrote:

I built a custom kernel that only had the one SCSI adapter configured so
that the system would boot without needing to get around the problem using
DDB.

Would you mind disclosing that code? I have a pretty good idea of what it
is, but would really like to be sure before building a kernel. Can you
comment on the overall stability of the system with that kernel? Did you
still have ethernet connectivity?

I probably know less about this issue than you, but would like to give it
a shot as well. I can't imagine NetBSD not working on a piece of hardware
as common as these cards.

Thanks for your time.

--tr

--