Subject: Re: is mozilla very slow on alpha, or is mozilla-gtk2 slow everywhere?
To: NetBSD/alpha Discussion List <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/02/2004 16:20:37
On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 04:10:51PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
> On Mar 1, 2004, at 4:01 PM, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> >I really wish NetBSD did not rely so completely on the GNU compiler.
>
> You & me both.  Is there *any* platform (other than x86 toyz) on which
> it produces good code?

I hear the Atmel AVR (8-bit RISC) code generation is good.  (:

m68k code generation from 2.95.2 to 3.2.x seems to have improved.

and I always thought gcc wasn't too bad for MIPS?

  "someday the industry will have throbbing frontal lobes and will be able
  to write provably correct software.  also, I want a pony." -- Zach Brown