Subject: None
To: None <port-alpha@NetBSD.org>
From: =?ISO-8859-1?q?R=FCdiger?= Engel <granada@a500.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 03/01/2004 10:49:03
Hallo everyone!

>> I finally got mozilla-gtk2-1.6nb2 to build, install, and run on my
>> alpha, but I find it deathly slow.  Netscape-4.6 was faster on my

sorry for this, I know this is not the OpenVMS-List, but just one remark:
I once had NetBSD (1.6 current, one of the first after release of 1.6) on
my DEC 3000 M800 and Mozilla was too slow to be called usable at all. It
took ages to start and some more ages to even type in a URL. On OpenVMS
Mozilla runs quite smooth on that old machine and I often use it for
browsing pages my IBrowse on MOS does not display.
The difference is unbelievable! Just like the Matrix - you have to see it
for yourself. :-)

Regards
Ruediger 'Granada' Engel