Subject: Re: integrated peripherals on AS255
To: None <jakollasch@mcleodusa.net>
From: Nathan J. Williams <nathanw@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/20/2004 13:50:17
"Joanthan A. Kollasch" <jakollasch@mcleodusa.net> writes:

> Greetings,

>  - what is the appropriate configuration for the DEC21040-based NIC
>  on-board an AlphaStation255? (currently it behaves erratically)

The tlp(4) driver seems to work well for the 21040 in my as200, which
has merrily been serving as my home router for a few years. What kinds
of problems are you seeing?

>  - how do I enable the on-board WSS audio hardware? (what settings
>  in SRM, how to create /dev/dsp)

The normal install should have created /dev/audio, /dev/audioctl,
/dev/sound, and /dev/mixer, which are what NetBSD uses for the audio
interface.

I have a dim memory that the audio device can either be used with
wss(4) or sb(4), but no recollection as to which is preferred. Getting
both is bad. I believe there is a single isa-setup command in SRM that
will configure it properly, but my manual is elsewhere right now.

        - Nathan