Subject: Re: mplayer and Matrox overlay problem?
To: mel kravitz <melk@switchpwr.com>
From: Wouter Klouwen <dublet@dublet.org>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/18/2004 20:00:18
mel kravitz(melk@switchpwr.com)@2004.02.18 13:23:54 +0000:
> I use mplayer in 1.6ZF to play DVD's with G400 with no problems.
> Have you tried other servers for video , ie..mplayer -vo help?
> I have seen this problem with glint PM3 cards (3D Labs VX1) on as500
> where mplayer plays but i see a blue screen. mplayer -vo xv test.mpg
> works for me here.

Dual head matrox card use drivers which do not allow for both screen to take
advantage of either GL acceleration or XVideo. A rather unfortunate
limitation, but this is limited by Matrox' drivers, not any architechture.

> -Mel

	-W

--
|>DUBLET: Digital Unit Built for Logical Exploration and Troubleshooting<|
"The California crunch really is the result of not enough power to