Subject: ProFTPD
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Carsten Friede <cfriede@wh12.tu-dresden.de>
List: port-alpha
Date: 02/12/2004 23:49:40
Hi!

I'm trying hard to get the proftpd daemon running on my DEC3000 with
NetBSD 1.6. I installed proftpd by using the ports collection. I also
made an entry in /etc/rc.local like "/usr/pkg/etc/rc.d/proftpd start".
But all I get in this case is "$proftp not properly set" and no running
daemon. Then I tried to start it directly through /usr/pkg/sbin/proftpd
and there I get "error opening scoreboard: No such file or directory".
What is going on? Does anybody know how to get this thing running properly?

Carsten.
	Dresden University of Technology
	Department of Computer Science
	Dresden, Germany