Subject: Re: Mozilla build fails on Alpha
To: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
From: Arto Huusko <armihu@utu.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 12/04/2003 20:39:53
> From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
> On Thu, Dec 04, 2003 at 12:53:49PM +0200, Arto Huusko wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > A few days ago I complained that Mozilla Firebird build fails
> > on alpha (-current, 1.6ZF, gcc 3.3.2, binutils 2.13.whatever).
> >
> > The exact same problem is with Mozilla itself: xpcshell
> > doesn't link because libxpcom.so has undefined references
> > to nsXPTCStubBase (from libxpt{cmd,call}, which isn't
> > getting linked to xpcshell, but I guess should be linked to
> > libxpcom?). Adding -lxptcmd -lxptcall to xpcshell
> > link command doesn't help.
> >

> It's been like that for a while now.
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/10/15/0007.html
>
> http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=23240

OK, I guess I managed to fix this particular problem, at least
for alpha. The build's still not finished, so there may be
other errors lurking out there.

Check the PR for details. The gist of it all is that new and
old GCC mangle C++ symbols differently. The build contains
implementations for some C++ functions in asm, and their
labels are mangled incorrectly for new GCC.

The fix I came up with is not too nice, though...

  -- Arto