Subject: Re: XFree86 on alpha
To: Torsten Harenberg <>
From: None <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/16/2003 13:33:48
On Sun, Nov 16, 2003 at 10:38:27AM +0100, Torsten Harenberg wrote:
> I once asked Mel (the guy from if we wouldn't like to
> include his patches into xsrc, but he estimated that only very few people
> uses his X collection.
> So I'm really wondering how many alphas (running X) are still be used out
> there...

But running X on an alpha is hard because of the need to go and get
source or binaries from mel. This is a disincentive to actually try and
run it.

If the sources were integrated into the tree we might have more people
using them. Perhaps.
Kevin P. Neal

 "Good grief, I've just noticed I've typed in a rant. Sorry chaps!"
                            Keir Finlow Bates, circa 1998