Subject: Re: Anyone know what rotary switch does on PMAGD-AA video?
To: None <Robertdkeys@aol.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/09/2003 20:01:14
On Sun, Nov 09, 2003 at 07:47:03PM -0500, Robertdkeys@aol.com wrote:
> I pulled a PMAGD-AA video card out of a 3000 700 crate, and
> noticed that it had a multiposition rotary switch near the bus
> connector.  Can anyone tell me a) what the switch does, and
> 2) if the thing is supported by NetBSD current.  I have an older
> PMAG-B or PMAG-C card I can use, but was wondering which
> would be the best to use in current.  Anyone have any ideas?

No idea, but while we're on the subject of odd things on video cards that
came in alphas:
I pulled a full-length PCI video card out of my AlphaStation 600 5/266, and
in addition to the VGA connector on the back, it has what looks like an
audio jack. Anybody have any idea what -that- is supposed to be/do? The card
is a cirrus logic CL-GD5424-80QC-C (I don't remember if it spits that whole
version out when booting, I think it just says CL-GD5424, thats what it says
on the only cirrus chip I can find on the huge PCI card. It also has a
(colorful and neat looking) intel palette DAC and a huge VLSI chip that is
the size of an 80486 CPU. No idea what its function is ;)

Anybody know what the liklihood of getting this card working in X on the
Alpha would be? I also have an S3 Trio64 sitting around with (I believe) 2MB
of video RAM, which would be the better choice if I was going for X? The
only spare monitors I have are of the lucky-if-you-can-get-800x600 type.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!