Subject: Re: Alphastation 500 400MHz with Powerstorm 4d20
To: William Langford <>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 11/06/2003 23:40:24
William Langford wrote:

>I've heard of Roland Dowdeswell's work on getting the cards to work, but
>I've not seen any documentation on how to go about casting the right
>spell to make it happen :(.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Well, there shouldn't really be much magic involved.  There are
two variables that might affect what is going on:  one of the
jumpers on the card which is labeled `vga en' and the dial switch
which will choose what resolution to use.  I'd suggest trying some
different resolutions on the dial and seeing if that makes any

There is a chart on the NetBSD/alpha FAQ that suggests what the different
settings mean.

    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/