Subject: Vinum on alpha?
To: None <port-alpha@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Mather <paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu>
List: port-alpha
Date: 10/11/2003 20:33:54
I noticed in a recent CVS update of -CURRENT that vinum appeared in
the tree.  However, only majors.i386 appeared to be updated with a
device number entry.  Does this mean vinum only works on NetBSD/i386,
or is the omission in majors.alpha just an oversight a la the nsmb
device for a while?

I'd really like to try out vinum on an AlphaServer 1000A I have
running 1.6-CURRENT, as it has a bunch of miscellaneous drives it
would be convenient to organise using vinum.  (The rest of the drives
provide a fully mirrored system using RAIDframe.)

Cheers,

Paul.

e-mail: paul@gromit.dlib.vt.edu

        --- Frank Vincent Zappa