Subject: Re: AlphaServer GS140
To: Robert Elz <kre@munnari.OZ.AU>
From: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@iki.fi>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/24/2003 15:06:23
Hi,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 04:40:46PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:

> I never got around to reporting it, but I tried a couple of versions
> of NetBSD (1.6, and -current at the time, I think) on an 8400 last December.
>
> That was 8 processors, 8 GB memory, and heaps of PCI busses, with
> scsi controllers, and lots of drives (including an HSZ raid on one
> of the scsi's).

I have been 'very much updateing the info all day', but i have to work
:/

I did come back last night to make some more tests. Results vere same,
but consistent. If i have more than one memoryboard attached, it's
HALTing riht after starting the kernel for something (no copypaste)
'Memory Management Error'

The setup with 2-8 CPUs w/ 1x4GB memory is booting as

http://iki.fi/upi/netbd-alpha/AlphaServer.netbsd.boot

I'll grab later some more info about config like 'show conf' etc. and
put those available under same site (http://iki.fi/upi/netbd-alpha/).

               ___o     </\_    upi@iki.fi
   /\o_      _ \<,_   __/\      <URL: http://iki.fi/upi/ >