Subject: Re: multiport NIC
To: Pierre-Emmanuel Brinette <>
From: Daniel Carosone <>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/10/2003 21:24:52
On Wed, Sep 10, 2003 at 12:06:13PM +0200, Pierre-Emmanuel Brinette wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm looking for a Multiport (2 or 4) NIC that work with NetBSD. It seem that
> the D-Link DFE 570 and 580 work fine but there are End of Life products.
> Does anyone know a similar product that is stil manifactured ?

We use a lot of these:

4 tlp's behind a ppb, just like the DFE-470's, though not especially cheap.

The DFE-480's were 4 ste(4)'s behind a ppb, and gave us some trouble,
performance wise.  Some people theorise it was the fault of the

There are also quite a lot of dual-fxp intel cards around, in a
range of vintages.