Subject: Re: Alpha stuff for free
To: Bryan Vyhmeister <bsd@hub3.net>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@dillernet.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/09/2003 13:10:24
Wow-- how much did it cost to ship that?

We got rid of a 4100 a few months ago, and we had to fight with someone to
take it away. He is going to use it to heat his bathroom :)

Those were beasts, and compared to more modern alphas, very slow, IMHO.

--On Tuesday, September 9, 2003 10:00 AM -0700 Bryan Vyhmeister
<bsd@hub3.net> wrote:

> I just picked up an AS4100 on eBay with 256 MB of RAM. I was just hoping
> to upgrade it. I did find an upgrade on eBay that was either 2 GB of 4
> GB of RAM (I can't remember or find it now) but it was starting at
> $1800!! That is way more than I paid for the machine. Thank you for
> your help.

-andy