Subject: Re: Re: does the radeon 7500 work?
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: None <sfmc68@verizon.net>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/07/2003 07:05:53

> Wrom: OBUZXUWLSZLKBRNVWWCUFPEGAUTFJMVRESKPNKMB
> Date: 2003/09/06 Sat PM 10:14:26 CDT
> To: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
> CC: port-alpha@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: does the radeon 7500 work?
>
> >I pciked up a 7500, plugged it into my 164LX, I get no video out of
> >the puppy.  Plug my S3Virge in, bang, have my video back.  Nothing
> >fancy, just normal 1.6.1 console.  If I pulg in DEC TGA card, bang,
> >I have video.
>
> Hi Bob,
> What X Server are you using? I use a TGA card on my AlphaStation 200,
> so I use the XDecNetBSD. Since you mentioned plugging in a TGA &
> having it work, I'll guess that you're using either XDecNetBSD or
> XAlphaNetBSD (older name, dunno which 1.6.1 uses). I'm not sure what
> VGA-style cards are supported under that X Server, so that may be the
> issue. You would have a much better range of options & cards
> available if you used the XFree86 X Server.
>
> Just a thought,
> Mike
> --
> Bikers don't *DO* taglines.

Mike,
Sorry, I guess I am not clear enough, with the 7500 plugged into a PCI slot, I get No Video out of the 7500.  With a CTX1765 monitor on my AS 250, I get nothing, the monitor stays in sleep mode, plugged into the 164LX, same board, I get the green monitor lite but no video - and both cases are at boot time, I have the boxes set to prompt me for boot device...so, If I can get as far as having to choos which Xserver to use, I will be most happy!! Right now I am still scratching my head, S3 and other generic pci cards give me the boot screen, but not this 7500...mumble grumble...
thanks
bob