Subject: Re: does the radeon 7500 work?
To: bob smith <sfmc68@bellatlantic.net>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-alpha
Date: 09/06/2003 23:14:26
>I pciked up a 7500, plugged it into my 164LX, I get no video out of
>the puppy.  Plug my S3Virge in, bang, have my video back.  Nothing
>fancy, just normal 1.6.1 console.  If I pulg in DEC TGA card, bang,
>I have video.

Hi Bob,
What X Server are you using? I use a TGA card on my AlphaStation 200,
so I use the XDecNetBSD. Since you mentioned plugging in a TGA &
having it work, I'll guess that you're using either XDecNetBSD or
XAlphaNetBSD (older name, dunno which 1.6.1 uses). I'm not sure what
VGA-style cards are supported under that X Server, so that may be the
issue. You would have a much better range of options & cards
available if you used the XFree86 X Server.

Just a thought,
Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.